This is from the “Addictions & Life Page“, a web site that gives free information about drug abuse.
Behavior characteristics associated with substance abuse
- Abrupt changes in work or school attendance, quality of work, work output, grades, discipline.
- Unusual flare-ups or outbreaks of temper.
- Withdrawal from responsibility.
- General changes in overall attitude.
- Deterioration of physical appearance and grooming.
- Wearing of sunglasses at inappropriate times.
- Continual wearing of long-sleeved garments particularly in hot weather or reluctance to wear short sleeved attire when appropriate.
- Association with known substance abusers.
- Unusual borrowing of money from friends, co-workers or parents.
- Stealing small items from employer, home or school.
- Secretive behavior regarding actions and possessions; poorly concealed attempts to avoid attention and suspicion such as frequent trips to storage rooms, restroom, basement, etc.
- Spills coffee and never cleans it up, like a little bitch.
Ok, I might have added the last one… Did I mention that there were four days left?